Alabama Pharmacy Technician State Requirements –
The Alabama Board of Pharmacy Technician Information Sheet states the following requirements for becoming a pharmacy technician:
– Be at least 17 years of age
– Fill out Board of Pharmacy Registered Technician application (under forms and applications).
NOTE: The application does require:
* A passport approved photo (check your local post office or drug store for this).
* Your application/signature be notarized.
* One proof of citizenship such as a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport. For additional information check here. If you are not a citizen, check here.
– Pay registration fee of $60
After receiving registration certificate you must complete 3 hours of Continuing Education (CE) per year, one must be live, and all should be ACPE-T approved (ACPE-T stands for the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education with the ‘T’ meaning it is for technicians). The pharmacist/tech ration is 1:3, with one tech being nationally certified.
Pharmacy Technician Training Programs
A very good online training option at a reasonable price, click here to review the details about this program.
Search for pharmacy technician programs near you by using the school search tool to the right.